Reopening of Newry Dominican for Private Prayer | 23rd May 2020
Welcome back to your church!
The Government and Health Service have now given permission to open the church for personal prayer only.
Newry Dominican will initially be open as follows (although it will be closed for a period during these times if there is a service e.g. a funeral or adoration).
Monday – Friday 12.00 – 18.00
Saturday – Sunday 14.00 – 18.00
Due to Coronavirus/Covid-19 restrictions, and to ensure the health and wellbeing of our congregation, we would ask that you respect the following guidelines.
- Please always keep a two-metre distance between persons.
- Respect and obey the one-way system in operation throughout the church.
- Enter the building via the main front door only.
- Exit will be through the side/vestry door (at the children’s crying room) only.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided before entering and exiting the church.
- At present, only the centre isle will be in use. All other areas are out of bounds.
- All statues and candelabras will be out of use at this time.
- You are welcome to sit or kneel in the open pews. These are clearly marked and are more than two metres apart according to social distancing requirements.
- Please sit in the middle of the pew, which will mean you are at a two-metre distance from the centre aisle.
- One person only in the pew, please, unless you are accompanied by family members.
Please respect the guidance of the supervisor who is there to assist in overseeing and monitoring these regulations and to sanitise the seating area after each use.
Please limit your visit to 15 minutes approximately, as others may be waiting to enter the church.
Please enjoy your visit to the Dominican.
Stay Safe, Pray Safe
St Catherine’s Dominican Church
33 Dominic Street,