Urgent Update re Coronavirus & Covid-19
Please share. These are the arrangements in St Catherine’s Newry Dominican following the advice of the Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference. The following will apply in St Catherine’s until further notice:
– All masses (incl. Sunday masses) will take place behind closed doors and members of the public will be unable to attend (but you can live stream).
– All other gatherings are cancelled (incl. confessions, prayer groups, meetings, Lectio, penitential services, etc).
– Funerals and Weddings will take place provided the attendance is less than 100 people.
– Confession is only available by arranging to see a priest in the Priory.
– The church doors will only be opened for personal prayer from 11.30 to 18.00 on Mon – Sat and 13.00 to 18.00 on Sun (as long as no services are taking place).
– The following services will be live streamed online (at the link below): all masses at normal times, morning prayer at 10.15, Rosary at 10.30, Stations of the Cross at 15.00 and evening prayer at 19.00.
Please use this time to look after the more vulnerable in our communities and pray for them. Follow the hygiene guidelines including wash your hands regularly. We look forward to you joining us in prayer on our webcam.
It is important that all parishioners are aware of the best local information from scientific based sources such as the NHS and the Public Health Agency
The following links are being constantly updated with latest advice:
- Diocese of Dromore Pastoral letter re coronavirus
- NHS coronavirus information
- Public Health Agency
- NHS 111 online help
- Government of Ireland guidelines